When do new translations get merged into the main repo?

Dear devs,

I started adding to the German translation on https://l10n.xwiki.org/ , because there are quite a few things missing in everyday UI.

When will this be merged into your source? Is there a review process?
Because 10.8 will probably release soon and I thing I won’t be done in time.

BR

We did a merge this morning for XWiki 10.8 so depends if your changes were before or after that ;-

More generally they are merged on the fly when they happen and are thus present in the next release.

Not really. Anyone can review but for German I don’t think anyone from the xwiki dev team speaks it. We do cursory review for the languages we know but apart from this it’s a community-based review, as a best effort. We don’t block if a translation is not reviewed.

To know when a change was committed, I guess you’d need to search the Pull Requests: https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/pulls?utf8=✓&q=weblate

I don’t know if GH supports searching inside the PRs.

Actually I can just filter for my user :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response.

Offtopic question: I’ve noticed your switch to Weblate recently and reviewed it (using docker of couse :smiley: ) for internal use in our company.

Did you do evalutions before choosing weblate? If so, what pro / cons where there?
There’s a boatload of tools out there…

As always, thanks.

No formal review. It had the features we wanted, it was maintained and active. We tested it and it was working.

One important constraint was that XWiki has a huge number of translations which was exploding the quotas of all the online services we looked at so we needed something we could install.

I’ve personally suggested to xwiki team the use of Weblate to manage translations.
I do use a lot of other online services for translations (transifex, crowdin, getLocalization, …).

I can not speak from a technical point of view (setup, volume limitation, performances, integration with a Version Control System, cross authentification …) but from a user perspective it’s really a great tool. You can contact me if you want more details on Weblate benefits from one of its “free” users ;-).

Regards,