Paste from Word = "Your browser doesn't allow you to paste this way"

Hello All,

Yesterday I made an update from 9.7 to 9.11 release without any problem on my Debian server.
Every run fine, but in the end of the work day I made a final article.
As usual this article is pasted from an external Word document.
And now the copy is basic HTML version, without the table original format (colors, widht).
When I tried the “paste from Word” button I received the message “Your browser doesn’t allow you to paste this way”.
It is a Firefox V57 Release !.

It sounds that the editor behaviour change between 9.7 to 9.11.
Is there a way to paste from Office documents like before ?

Thanks a lot
Bye

Is this the entire message you get? I get this:

Your browser doesn’t allow you to paste this way. Press Ctrl+V to paste.

So it tells you how to paste. It basically means that you can paste directly in the text area. The editor will detect that it’s a paste from office. This is faster than using the tool bar no?

Yea, but what about if I want Paste as Text vs Paste as Word (or whatever those are called)?

Hello Marius,

You are right for the entire message.
But the "Ctrl V " from the edition area don not respect the format like it was with the 9.7 release.
IN my article color and width of columns are not respected yet.

The release notes for XWiki 9.10 mentions this:

The WYSIWYG content editor has a more strict paste filter that removes non-semantic styles (e.g. font size, text color).

If you don’t like this you can disable the paste filter and leave only the Word filter with:

config.applyPasteFilterAfterPasteFromWord = false;

Check the documentation.

I believe each has its own shortcut key, as indicated in the notification message displayed when you click the corresponding tool bar buttons.

Whoah Marius,
Just tested and now it is OK

THanks a lot
Have a nice christmas to all