Hidden pages still showing up in document tree

Hi all!
I had a question about the document tree. I have the default documentation tree setup with it’s defaults (see below) as a panel on the side of my wiki. I’m trying to hide a page that shows up at the top level. I have the page checked as hidden but it’s still showing up. I’ve also checked the child page as hidden too.

The page is “Licensed Extensions” with a child page called “Code.”

I have my profile set to not show hidden pages.

How can I hide this page from the document tree?

Thank you!

Menu I’m using:
{{velocity}}
#panelheader($services.localization.render(‘xe.panels.navigation’))
#set ($openToDoc = $doc.documentReference.toString().replaceAll(’([~"])’, ‘~$1’))
{{documentTree showTranslations=“false” showAttachments=“false” compact=“true” openTo=“document:$openToDoc” filterHiddenDocuments=“true” /}}
#panelfooter()
{{/velocity}}

These two pages come from the Licensing Application (most probably) so I guess you have installed a paid application (Active Directory or OnlyOffice Connector). Does the Code page have any child pages visible in the tree when show hidden pages = false? Does it have child pages displayed when show hidden pages = true? Can you attach a screen shot? Did you attempt to delete the “Licensed Extensions” page or to uninstall the Licensing Application before noticing the problem?

Hi mflorea, thanks for the reply.
You’re correct, we do have the Active Directory application installed that we’re using.
The “Code” page has 1 child, “translations” that is also set to hidden, but it’s not visible in the tree. The only thing visible in the tree is “Licensed extensions” with the 1 child "code.
I did not attempt to delete or uninstall the application because we are using it, and we’ll need it again in a year to renew the active directory license.

I’ve attached some screenshots.
Thank you!

Menu:
navigation
Code page:
code
License page:
Licensed Extensions

Another option is to move it under the “xwiki” folder. Is that safe to do? Obviously I don’t want our active directory integration to break :slight_smile:

OK, I think I found the problem. The “fr” (French) translation of Licenses.Code.Translations page has its hidden field set to false. I reported and fixed https://github.com/xwikisas/application-licensing/issues/30 . You should be able to edit the Licenses.Code.Translations page while the current language is French and set the hidden flag to true.

No. Don’t do this! :slight_smile: We don’t support moving (relocating) applications ATM.

Thanks mflorea, I was afraid to move it :slight_smile:
I’ve loaded every french language, and checked “hidden” on each one and it’s still showing up. Please see the screenshot below.

1 Like

You should keep only the English, French and French (France) translations (delete the rest which I think you created while playing around and they are empty anyway) and then upgrade Active Directory to version 1.5.1 from the Administration > Extensions.

Setting the hidden field for a translation page from the UI doesn’t work probably because it sets the hidden field of the main translation (e.g. English). The upgrade of the Active Directory application should fix the problem though.

2 Likes

mflorea, perfect! Upgrading the plugin did the trick. Thanks for all your help!