Enabling editing of a single page for unregistered users

Hello folks,

I’m trying to enable editing of a single page for unregistered users. However, when I start up an anonymous window of my browser and try to edit the page, I’m redirected to the login page. Viewing and commenting works fine.

Here are my configurations:

For the page in question: page-only
For the page and the children: page-children
On the global level: global

Am I missing some piece of configuration?

Kind regards,
Felix Herrmann

Hi Felix,

All you need to do, in order to allow unregistered/guest users to edit a page, is to visit the administration of that page and enable only Edit right, just like you did in the first picture (no need to enable View and Comment rights).

Hi!

And you should understand that the rights of the page and the children gives the rights to this page and all its nested pages.
If you want to give rights only to the current page, then you need to use your first screenshot of the rights to the page, and do not configure the settings for the right page and its children.

Hi :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answers.

I removed the redundant permissions (view/comment) and removed every entry for “Rights: Pages & Children”, only leaving edit in “Rights: Page”. I’m still getting redirected though.
I’ll try updating my version of XWiki. I’m still on 10.11. Maybe something changed in the meantime.

Kind regards
Felix Herrmann

Hello,
on version 9.6, I can’t repeat your problem.
Even if I forbid editing for a guest at a global level and explicitly allow editing of a specific page in the middle of a hierarchy of nested pages. Everything is OK, I can not edit the extreme pages in the chain and I can on that.

Maybe the browser cache is broken or there may be a conflict with the settings of the rights of the parent pages, although I checked with my parents, everything worked too.