12.10.2 - Extension Changes / Incorrect Home Page / Admin Account Issue

@laurin1 could you try again (the limit has been increased, it was 50MB)?

Same result

There is various big file sharing services out there, https://lufi.alolise.org/ should work fine for example.

Yea, Iā€™m aware and I guess Iā€™ll just use my Google Drive and send it that way. Iā€™m messaging you the link.

Thanks, @laurin1, I got the file and will try to reproduce that tomorrow.

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s unfortunately not enough to reproduce the bug.

So either itā€™s random or there is something else in the environment which triggers this weird behavior.

Did you try this several times ?

Do you have other wikis ? Could I have the names privately if that the case and if itā€™s not too sensitive ?

Did you try this several times ?

For the upgrade to 12.10.2, I left the removal checkboxes checked and had to do a rollback for everything (database, XWiki files, permanent directory). The second time, this did not occur. For the upgrade for 12.0.3, I unchecked those boxes and the rest of the upgrade went fine. So, in other words, I think the only way I can reproduce this is doing the next upgrade (or maybe we get lucky and it does not happen again).

Do you have other wikis ?

No, we only have 1 wiki.

Can someone tell me what that even means?

What is a top-level extension? Why would these be moved to top-level and not removed?

As indicated at the beginning of the message those extensions have been installed as dependencies, but no extension depend on them anymore for some reason (the dependent extension was removed or the new version does not depend on this extension anymore for example). So the user is given two choices:

• keep it
  • remove it

If the user want to keep it we need to indicate that this extension is not really a dependency anymore, thatā€™s what making it a ā€œtop level extensionā€ means.

As indicated in the message itā€™s your choice but imagine something like the blog application that you are using, and we decide to not have it by default in XWiki Standard (which is something that happen and the blog was remove not because it was not good but simply because we though that it should be more optional) you would not be super happy if it was removed. Having in mind that many users click next without ready anything we generally try to choose the safest proposal (removing extensions which most probably donā€™t work anymore because they are invalid and keep those that most probably do).

I just updated from 12.10.2 to 13.0 and did not even get the Orphaned Dependencies screen.

Thatā€™s what is supposed to happen most of the time. You see the screen only when there is something to do and there is only something to do when some extension is uninstalled and had unique dependencies or when a dependency is not used anymore in an upgraded version.