Xwiki Offline install in airgap Docker env

Currently at my work place (5000+ employees) there is a need for a new IT knowledge base. I have used XWIKI at another company and it worked EXTREMELY well. Whole company adopted it. I brought this up in a meeting with several director level employees, they love the idea. They want me to put together a POC and present it to them. Normally this would be fine but after speaking with sysadmins that approve software for use, they indicated i would have to run this in a docker environment. Sure easy enough, i’ve done this before and i can do it again.

Here is where the trouble comes in, because of the nature of my company opensource software is not allowed to reach out to repositories to gather install files. Everything has to be downloaded, checked by security and then implemented with offline install.

If this gets approved, I know they have the means to buy the support and such for it but i have to make it past this hurdle first.

So here comes my question…and i have searched on google, have not found much information on this. What is the best way to do an offline docker install of xwiki?

This may seem like a noob question i know > but i am here to learn guys. Any time that you can spare i will greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

Step 1: You need to get hold of the docker images and install them in your local docker environment. Never done this but this is a docker thing. Googling should give you a an easy answer.

Step 2: Install the XWiki flavor offline, see https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Installation/#HInstallingwithoutinternetconnection

Hope it helps