Xwiki Access Right(Parent and child pages)

Hi, I developed an application with AWM in Xwiki.
I give permission permissions, but when I close the page edit, the “Actions” menu disappears.
I want to close the editing of “Parent and child pages”
I tried this from the Admin Page but I could not.
How can I do that?

Well, if you deny edit rights to the page and all children, then the action to edit the entries disappears, because editing them is no longer allowed.

Either the entries in the AWM app are editable, or they are not. If they are not, then there is not “edit” action, because it makes no sense to give users a link to an action that they are not allowed to perform.

I have the feeling I did not understand what you want to achieve. Can you try again to explain it?

thank you @ClemensRobbenhaar

i want to this but i could not
I created my application with AWM there is important information on these pages and I do not want it to be regulated by the normal user.“Access Right” section did not work

Ah, you want users to be able to create pages in the application, but not to edit them?

Yes, that’s exactly what I want :slight_smile:

Ok, I just fiddled with the permission a bit, and it does not look like this is possible.
As soon as the page is created (which seems to happen when just the page title is given), editing of the page is no longer allowed, and the user cannot edit the page to insert some values aside of the title.
I will think about it a bit more if I can find some solution, but I am not very optimistic.

1 Like

thank you very much @ClemensRobbenhaar

I have not gotten far, but I guess the use case needs a somewhat different approach.
Instead of having one instance of the application where the entries are added but cannot be edited, it might be feasible to have two instances - in one place the new entries are created (and can be edited in principle) and the other one contains the validated entries that are no longer editable. The connection between the two versions could be obtained via the Publication Workflow Application.

However the straight forward attempt to copy the home page of the application does not work, as then both copied of the application home page will show all entries, both the created ones and the validated ones (aside of the issue of two apps trying to occupy the same position in the “Applications” panel …). More thought needed on that idea to get it working.