Users became inactive after upgrading from xwiki 11.3 to 12 and restoring the database

Greetings, I am new to the forum. We have a self-hosted xwiki in a company on a debian server. They put me in charge of linking access to it with SSO Key Cloak technology. When I tried to install the openid-connecct extension, it gave incompatibilities and I had to update from xwiki 11.3 to the last 12. But when I logged in I got the error that it is necessary to activate the user account through an email that I should have received. One of the users tried the link and it didn’t work. I don’t know why he behaves like this. And knowing the complex structure of the database as the users have stored, I don’t know how to correct this access problem after upgrade.

Users became inactive after upgrading from xwiki 11.3 to 12 and restoring the database

Greetings, I am new to the forum. We have a self-hosted xwiki in a company on a debian server. They put me in charge of linking access to it with SSO Key Cloak technology. When I tried to install the openid-connecct extension, it gave incompatibilities and I had to update from xwiki 11.3 to the last 12. But when I logged in I got the error that it is necessary to activate the user account through an email that I should have received. One of the users tried the link and it didn’t work. I don’t know why he behaves like this. And knowing the complex structure of the database as the users have stored, I don’t know how to correct this access problem after upgrade.

Hi,

so this is apparently related to a migration of your users related to a change in XWiki 11.8 (this one to be specific: https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/Data/XWiki/11.8RC1/Change005/).
For some reason, apparently your users have been set as inactive during this migration.
You can check this by login with administration account, going into the Administration and checking the list of users: you should see an open padlock in the actions column, meaning the users are currently disabled and can be enabled (you should also see the same from their user profiles). So you can enable them from there, or you can use a little script to enable everyone at once. But check first that it’s indeed the problem.

Note that this email token asked is also directly related to the Authentication Active Check option from Administration, see: https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Administration%20Application#HOptionsyoucansetfromtheRegistrationsectionoftheAdministrationInterface