Update to 12.6 errors

Hello everybody,

now i have updated my wiki to 12.6.
Though my wiki works, i had many erros during installation process (see attached files). 12.6.txt (4.5 KB)
Server Debian 9. Seems it could not be processed the packages xwiki-mariadb-common and
xwiki-tomcat8-mysql.

By installing the flavour i had also many errors: xwiki12.6.txt (58.4 KB)

Actually it’s not really supposed to install that, looks like xwiki-tomcat8-mariadb and xwiki-tomcat8-mysql acually have the same package name and you randomly end up with one or the other (seems you ended up with the mariadb one in your case). Checking that and will deploy a fix shortly.

That being said it’s not very clear for me in your log why xwiki-mariadb-common package install exactly failed (probably because there is some words I don’t understand).

That’s something else, looks like some bug in the new mention feature.

dpkg: Error while editing the package xwiki-mariadb-common (--configure):
 Sub-process installed post-installation script returned error value 1
dpkg: Dependency problems prevent configuration of xwiki-tomcat8-mysql:
 xwiki-tomcat8-mysql depends on xwiki-mariadb-common (= 12.6); but:
  package xwiki-mariadb-common is not yet configured.

dpkg: Error while editing package xwiki-tomcat8-mysql (--configure):
 dependency issues - remains unconfigured
Errors occurred while editing:
 xwiki-mariadb-common
 xwiki-tomcat8-mysql
Sub-process installed post-installation script returned error value 1

Yeah not much details here, I will have to try to reproduce this on a Debian 9. In the meantime I’m currently deploying a fixed version (12.6+1) of the packages so that you don’t up with xwiki-mariadb-common anymore.

1 Like

12.6+1 should be available now

1 Like

So now i reset my xwiki to 12.5+2 and updated it to 12.6+1. The process was successfully finished without installation errors. Thanks!

Cool, thanks for your confirmation.