Unable to access to my Wiki - Please Help: Failed to execute the [velocity] macro. Cause: [The execution of the [velocity] script macro is not allowed

Hello,

We are a company, and, we don’t understand what happen, but our xwiki is not innaccessible.
If we try to log with any account, we have this error message.

Failed to execute the [velocity] macro. Cause: [The execution of the [velocity] script macro is not allowed. Check the rights of its last author or the parameters if it’s rendered from another script.]. Click on this message for details.

I have try a lot of thing, change value in config, change owner in database, nothing permit to recover our xwiki.
can you help me please ?

You didn’t mention the version of XWiki you’re using. The error you get is most probably caused by one of the following:

• you recently deleted an user that was the last author of some script pages
  • you recently removed the script right from some user that was the last author of some script pages
  • one of you users that doesn’t have script right has recently modified some script pages

Hope this helps,
Marius

Hello Marius,

Thanks you, but how to check/verified/correct what you say ?

The version we use is XWiki Debian 10.6.1

I have restored from backup a very old version (more 30 days) and the problem is the same. Is possible the problem was here since a long time and a reboot have wake up the problem ?
I can’t access to any page for check user permission or other… all pages are blocked :cold_face:

I’m a Linux sysadmin and I’m totally distraught by this problem because it’s really seem it’s an internal problem of xwiki. For me, it’s really dramatic because we have store a lot of internal procedure. I canno’t imagine lost all this procedure :confounded: