TOC Macro / AD problems with Javamelody 1.73.1

After updating to the latest Javamelody 1.73.1 the Table Of Contents Macro is not working anymore. They all throw errors.

Also the Active Directory Plugin seems to be affected, too. It calls for LDAP to be activated in the config files. However, enabling the LDAP option has no effect at all. Loading times have also increased drastically.

After changing back to the previous Javamelody version everything is ok again.

My setup: XWiki 9.11.7, Win Server 2012 R2, Jetty 9.4.8.v20171121, PostgreSQL 9.6.8

Has anyone else encountered or can confirm this?

As you posted no errors I can only guess… I had an issue with the TOC macro and javamelody because I had the melody jars in tomcat/lib not xwiki/WEB-INF/lib as documented. I found a post that tomcat/lib is actually not supported and the fix is to move the jars to xwiki/WEB-INF/libs and restart tomcat. I guess it’s the same with jetty, but I don’t know for sure.
Please note there is an updated syntax for the filters of newer javamelody versions documented here.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your reply. Indeed that seems to be the problem.

As soon as I move the jar to the xwiki/WEB-INF/lib it works again.

I don’t really like it that way since I usually use the jetty/lib/ext for additional jars. It makes upgrading easier since I don’t always have to worry about the jars and copy them to the appfolder.

Prior to 1.73.1 it worked the other way as well.

Thanks!

You might want to give a try to Glowroot which have a much easier setup and provide a great UI.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try!