The lifetime of the page

Hi
How to add the expiration date of the page, after which the page will be hidden or moved to the specified navigation section?
I think I need a date field and a macro or velocity code…

That’s something I also want to know.

DMS/ECM systems usually have this feature, so after a certain date users will be reminded to revise the process/procedures they own, and update them OR disable them.

Hi,

there’s no such feature in XWiki Standard to my knowledge.
Now there might be an extension providing this feature, but I’m not aware of it, you can try to search for it in https://extensions.xwiki.org

One way to do this in XWiki would be to create an XClass with an xproperty to indicate in how many days the page would need to be reviewed. Then, either have a template so that users who want to create theee types of pages use that template or create an Event Listener to automatically add an XObject of that XClass whenever a new page is created (for example). Then add a Scheduler job to send warnings for examples. A page with a LiveData page to list pages and how many days remain till the target date is reached could also be added.

How about this?

https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Review%20Pages%20Application

If you have a wiki with a lot of pages, some of them might slowly get out of date. Especially in a quality management context this is highly undesirable.
A remedy against important pages getting out of date is to review then periodically. This application helps you by maintaining a list of pages together.

You must add the pages that will be need to be reviewed from “outside”. Meaning you must go to the app and then select lots of pages. Also, from screenshots it doesn´t seem you can see when the page was created to set a date like 1 year after creation.

So it’s not ideal. Ideal imho would be to be able to set date of review by X months/years after creation or last review. And probably get that by template or app. So when creating a new page in an app, it already let’s you choose review date.

Possibly, you should talk with @ClemensRobbenhaar about it.

Sorry for the late reply. The “Review Pages” Application is something I cobbled together in a few free days late in 2014 and published early in 2015 and have not touched it since then. At that time the extension did not create much interest.
(Even the link to the issue tracke is broken in the mean time; it should be Loading... )

With some moderately more recent XWiki versions (especially since more UI Extension Points have become available) there is obviously plenty of room for improvement for this extension.
I still think it might be good starting point to get something more useful and better integrated in the current UI. However I have not found time to work on it and I am not aware that someone else is working on it. (I know several people have been asking for a useful version of that extension, especially lately.)

all pages have a last modified date right?

maybe a solution would be a simple code for templates or pages created with AWM. which would sum an amount of days to the last modified date. Let’s say, 365 days. And thus, give a new date everytime the page is modified.

It would be a question of ordering pages in a space by their Revision Date field (the one which calculates number of days + last modified date). Modifying anything would set a new revision date.