Restricting User's Pages Display on User's Login

Hi,

I have started using Xwiki using Start_Xwiki.bat (Wndows batch file). I have Admin access. I have created certain users but when the user logs in to the Xwiki. He sees all the pages which Admin can see such as DIagrams, File Manager, Spaces etc…I mean all the pages which i can see after installing multiple extensions.

As per above Image/screen-shot…I see a lot of options even the other users which i created.

Is there any way to restrict the pages which other users can see. I have already tried “Administer Pages” but it doesn’t change anything.

Please help.

Also, If someone can tell me how to paste the Screenshots in Xwiki. I think it gets uploaded as an Image.

Thanks!!
Vishal

The user you’re using to take this screenshot has enabled “show hidden documents” which is why he’s seeing a lot of content that is hidden. By default all users created don’t see hidden documents so this means an explicit action was done to ask to see hidden docs.

Yes ofc it’s possible to restrict anything using permissions but:

Thanks vmassol for reply !!

Screenshot is admin user. Where do i disable the “Hidden Documents” section for the normal users.

Regards,
Vishal

Also, What is the default permission for the different groups created by Admin.
Because i see when i created a new user, this user was not created any permission but still when this user logged in, he was able to see the page which i created.

ok so I highly doubt that your created users will see the same things since by default they have hidden docs and I can see some pages in this tree that are hidden (such as the Crypto one).

See https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Documentation/AdminGuide/Access%20Rights/ to manage the permissions for your wiki.

I have set some permissions but users created by me as Admin are unable to access any page created by Admin(me). You are not authorized to view this page.

I have removed all permissions from Group - XWikiAllGroup
I have also updated the xwiki.cfg file as -> xwiki.authentication.group.allgroupimplicit = 1

Will that impact anything. Need urgent help on this please.

Regards,
Vishal Gagar

Hi,

Please advise on the above.

Thanks
Vishal