Rest API with Application

Hi ,

I have simple App within Minute, basically is imported excel table. I would like to add/remove records from table using Rest API. Is it possible ?

Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure I get the application’s scope. Does it import an excel table OR is built upon an excel table’s structure?

Either way. You could

• Create a page and add some velocity code to get some parameters
  • And using those parameters perform an action like executing an hql query or deleting a page or similar operations
  • Use that page’s url to perform operations as in REST APIs

If your excel (excel like) row is something changeable like an object in XWiki, then it’s surely possible to achieve what you are seeking.

Cheers,
Fawad

It’s build upon a excels structure using “Batch Import Application” but I have no idea how to add record to app using Rest API.

What you need to do is create objects of the same xclass so that they can be included inside the livetable.
It’s something that will require you to use the XWiki Scripting API.
If you have programming knowledge, then you just need to adapt to this API.

If you are completely new, you should checkout the beginner application tutorial (link) which covers some of the basic concepts for making applications in XWiki and will get you acquainted with how XWiki objects work which is important to learn in your context.

Then you can use these techniques (link) to perform operations.

Best.