Offline installation

A lot of thanks for your help!!!
This really helped me to move forward.
Now I have the situation, when I see “local extensions” in web-interface! Hurra!
but, I see the message “Version 9.7 is provided” in front of every extension,
what is the correct way to have up-to-date versions of extensions?
what should I use instead of LATEST and RELEASE in POM.xml?
I have tried to set tags like: (1,) to set soft requirement to get versions starting from version 1.

I suppose that message “Version 9.7 is provided” means that I have more new version of the extension, that in my repository,

This is very strange:
when I download “XIP Addon Package for Offline Installs” from here
I have only 63 extensions, but when I use your pom.xml, that download old-version extensions, there is 105 extensions…

I guess the pom.xml will contain all extensions including core ones that you already have (they’re already installed) when you run XWiki Standard.

1 Like

Thanks, I think that you’re right! Do you have any idea how to get last extensions with using of maven? I can not make zip with latest versions 9.11.8.

I’m not sure if this is the most efficient process, but I typically do the following:

1. Use XIP package for my particular version of XWiki - this should take care of all the core extensions
  2. Compile a list of all extensions I’d like to have in addition to the core extensions. I then find:
    1.1. the groupID
    1.2. the artifactID
    1.3. the version (latest)
    1.4. the type (jar or xar)
  3. These can typically be found on the extension page or on mvnrepository.com (I typically just start with a google search with “maven” included).
  4. I then create the pom.xml file (note - there are variables at the top of the default pom file to set the base version of XWiki - you can set these - this may fix your version problem).

My guess is the pom.xml file template can be significantly simplified now that we have the XIP package to start with. I’ll try running “mvn package” without any extensions to see if I’ve successfully deleted all sections pertaining to core extensions as I’d like to get these from the XIP package only.