Office Importer extension only available to admins

As subject states. The Office Importer extension is available only to admins. To the regular user it looks blacked out. Is there a switch somewhere? I do not see any configurable options for the extension itself.
I reinstalled the extension but it is still the same.

Ideas?

WDYM? Are you saying that non-admin users cannot create new pages based on an imported office document? That seems weird.

Can you tell us exactly what you’re doing so that we can reproduce?

For admins, The icon appears normal and you can import documents. For non-admin users, the icon is “blacked out”. I will see if I can do a screenshot real quick.

Ok sorry I got a little misinformation from the client. Apparently the icon itself is totally missing for anyone that is not an admin. If you log in with an account that is admin, you see the icon. If not, the icon is totally missing.

^ that icon is only available when you login as admin. Missing when you log in as a regular user.

Do you have the “Page from Office” option when you are logged in as a simple user and you click on “+Create” button to create a new page? Also, did you restrict view right for simple users on the CKEditor code pages? For instance, can you view this page CKEditor.OfficeImporter when logged in as a simple user?

I made no changes other than updating xwiki itself from apt. Where would I find the restrictions of viewing code pages?

Ok When I click “Create” I do see the “Page import from Office”

Just not the icon when you click “edit”

I am not sure how to navigate to CKEditor.OfficeImporter

And yes this was logged in as a simple user…forgot to add that part

I am not sure how to navigate to CKEditor.OfficeImporter

Open any wiki page in view mode and then modify the URL from the browser’s address bar:

.../view/CKEditor/OfficeImporter

Note that this page has an attachment, an empty file. Can you open it (as a simple user)?

As for:

Ok When I click “Create” I do see the “Page import from Office”

And are you able to import an office file as a simple user? Did you try?

Yes that works. It is just the button is missing on “edit”

Any other idea on the icon?

To answer your earlier question I can navigate to that link with a simple user:

What about this part:

I did not see any empty file on that page.

Just a FYI, I created and imported a few docs as a simple user and it worked just fine. I am just not sure why that button is missing on “edit”

That may be the issue. Check the history of the CKEditor.OfficeImporter page to see when was the empty attachment deleted and by whom.

Ok have me at a loss here. How would I check the history of that?

Also since the button is available to admins and not to simple user, would that not point to a rights issue?

Anyone else have an idea about getting that icon back on the edit page for simple users? Starting to get some nastygrams …eeeep!