Notifications macro removed or not installed

XWiki 12.7, fresh install using docker on Ubuntu using Standard Flavor.

Issue: Notifications macro not working/installed:
The install is a few weeks old but is not in use yet. This has never worked during the lifetime of the install. I have not tried reproducing the issue with a fresh install.

Notifications.Macro page at https://hostname/bin/view/XWiki/Notifications/Code/Macro/NotificationsMacro does not exist and appears to be removed. It has the message: “The requested page could not be found.”

I suspect this is a duplicate of this issue and I’ve tried to answer most of the questions asked by the people who helped there. The issue was solved by the user manually importing the xar archive. However, I’m happy to do what I can to help get to the bottom of this.

@SmartboxDev we’ve got a similar issue in XWiki 11.10.2

xdocu, I think I’ve figured what I did wrong and it was pretty stupid.

My docker-compose file was missing a couple of volume mounts :man_facepalming::

db:
      volumes:
        - ./xwiki.cnf:/etc/mysql/conf.d/xwiki.cnf
        - ./init.sql:/docker-entrypoint-initdb.d/init.sql

I downloaded the necessary files, added the above lines to my docker-compose file and restarting my containers. But this didn’t fix the issue; I guess that they’re important files for the installation of xwiki.

I removed my database and xwiki data (after doing a backup of course) and did fresh install with changes. Now my notifications macro is working:

I’m pretty sure it’s the xwiki.cnf line that fixed the issue as the init.sql script just grants privileges to xwiki (which I did manually last time).

Great! But I’m guessing if I restore my database and data files that I’ll be back to square one. So my question is, is there a way I can manually fix this without having to start from square one?

1 Like

@SmartboxDev

I don’t use a docker installation but have the same issue since the new installation of xwiki with tomcat and “Notifications Macro” also not working.

I created a subwiki where these extensions work fine

There should be a central option to repair these problems…

There is, it’s the Extension Manager.

A new installation should work just fine. Maybe you upgraded XWiki instead and mixed up the upgrade somewhere? (like not pointing to the previous permanent directory).

Thx

1 Like

thanks for your reply @vmassol

Unfortunately, the problem still occurs in my wiki environment. Also a reinstallation of the wiki environment did not bring any improvement.

in the main wiki this function does not work

in the subwikis the function works without problems/restrictions

I have already used the extension manager, but where can I change the settings for the main wiki only, without making changes to other macros or subwikis?

Is there a view here that shows in which wiki (main, subwiki 1, subwiki 2, …) which settings are effective/set?