Include macro bug

My wiki consists mainly of “Included” text. The Include macro works fine, but later, when I reopen the wiki page, the Included text is followed by another copy of the same text. When I enter Edit mode, I see that the first instance consists of the Include block and second instance is editable text. This happens often and I can’t figure out what causes it. Any ideas?

Hi, it’s hard to help you without details. Please try to reduce your problem to a minimal version and share it so that we can reproduce. Thanks

Also provide all infos: xwiki version, screenshots, etc.

I’m using Version 12.2.1 of XWiki.

Is there anything else you need to know?

Could you show the problem with a screenshot?

Note that your page reference is not correct, it should be Admin/TestInsert since you’re using the page parameter.

Attached is a screenshot in WYSIWIG Edit mode. As you can see, the Text insert which was “Included” appears, then another copy of the text appears below it.
Ava

And you don’t have the issue in view mode? Could you paste the result of “view source”, i.e. http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Admin/TestHoldingFile/?viewer=code ?

Could you click on the “source” button in the WYSIWYG tool bar and paste what you have too?

I cannot reproduce in XWiki 12.4RC1.

Thanks

Hi. I have attached the source code.

And yes, I have the same issue in view mode. The text appears twice.
Ava

Could you paste the content of Admin.TestInsert.WebHome? Thx

BTW you still haven’t fixed the reference as I mentioned above :slight_smile:

PS: Please don’t post screenshots for showing content! It has 2 problems:

• It’s large data
  • We cannot copy paste the content to try it out and try to reproduce

thx

Here are the contents of Admin.TestInsert.WebHome:

= Text insert =

This text is "Included" in another file.  I am testing to see whether the Include text is copied into the file.

Ava

PS: Please use backticks in discourse to include “code”. Thx! I’ve modified your post.

I think the bug has to do with the WebHome in the reference, because the problem was fixed when I removed it. I’ll keep testing, to make sure.
Ava

Interesting, because normally it shouldn’t work at all with the WebHome in the page reference, would be great if you could report this on https://jira.xwiki.org!

Thanks

I reported the bug. Thank you for your help.
Ava