Gardening Application v1.3 released

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce the release of the Gardening Application in its version 1.3!

This application helps defining and executing scripts in your wiki in order to perform general maintenance on the documents of the wiki.

You can find more information about the application and its last release using the following links:

Very cool @caubin! Exactly what I had in mind for this too :slight_smile:

Do you already have a good list of predefined existing queries and actions? From the screenshots, I don’t think so.

I think you could easily take the majority of snippets from http://snippets.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/ and add them to this gardening app. For example:

Hi @vmassol ; for now, only one query and one action script are provided, I didn’t really thought about looking at those specific snippets and integrating them into the gardening app.

The current wiki pages that contain the default scripts can be found here and here and allows to list every document of the Sanbox (Query) and delete a document (Action).

Created GRDNG-12 to track the progress on that part.

IMO this is when the gardening app will start becoming really useful to users :slight_smile: You did the biggest part of the work but now you probably need to fill it with useful ready to use data. And we all need to help and contribute to it.

You have another option which is to create a repo of queries + actions on xwiki.org somewhere and have the app read from xwiki.org to present the list. Would make it easier to contribute new “recipes” probably and to fix them/maintain them. No need to re-release the app. WDYT?