Flavour Update removes all sites

Hi guys,

i more or less successfully update my xwiki 10.X to 10.11. by replacing the war files, restoring the three config files and deleted the SOLR directory. But when it comes to the extensions update, the flavour updates deletes all my wiki pages. Is this behavior by design ? Is there any way to update the Xwiki Standard Flavour without loosing all the wiki pages ?

best regards

florian

The flavor upgrade definitely don’t “deletes all your wiki pages”, you must have made a mistake with the hibernate.cfg.xml file.

thanks for your reply. I have a main wiki and a sub wiki. I canceld the distribution wizard at the first time. Now i saw all the content. On the main wiki i did all the update (incl. the flavour update) and all the content lost. In the Sub-Wiki i only install all update without the standard flavour and i have access to all the wiki pages incl. pictures and code snipettes
I’m scared to do the flavour update in this wiki also. So where could be the problem in the hibernate file ?

dont ask how. i solved my problem. i think the point is to abort the first run of the distribution wizard. i also tried to import a backup from the 10.X version which fails with a unknown error. so i had only the rewrite the main pages of the wiki. the sub pages and structure itselfs remains.