Do not display pages in other languages if they are not translated

Hello,

I have a multi-language xwiki with pages that are translated. This works perfectly when the page is translated in all languages.

My problem is that if I set my default language to “English” and I create a page that is in “Italian”, in my page summary it will be displayed. It is displayed because this page is not translated in any other language.

Is it possible to tell xwiki not to display pages that are not in the language chosen by the user?

Or if this is not possible, is it possible to tell the “DocumentTree” macro not to display untranslated pages?
I have seen that there is a “showTranslations” option but it is only used to show if we have translations on a specific page and it is not used to hide the pages.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I take the liberty of bringing up the subject again because I still haven’t found a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

sorry for the late answer, sounds like we missed your question.

AFAIK, none of those options are possible right now. The whole idea was on the contrary to let people know that documents exist even if they are not translated in their language yet (and possibly let them contribute to translate them).
Best for you would be to create a feature request for this in https://jira.xwiki.org. Note that it will be an entirely new feature impacting the core of XWiki, so probably something which would take time to do. If you’re in a hurry for having it, best would probably be to sponsor the feature.
Hope it helps.

1 Like