Client side HTLM5 validation works for Preview only

I’m trying to amend server-side validation with HTML5 client-side validation. I ask the field for its regular expression and use it as a pattern for the input element:

#set($class = 'App.Bibitem.Code.BibitemClass')
#set ($xclass = $xwiki.getDocument($class).xWikiClass)
#set ($discard = $doc.use($class))
(% class="xform" %)(((
  #if ($xcontext.action == 'edit')
    <input type="hidden" name="xvalidate" value="1" />
    #set($field = "bib_o_label")
    #set ($definition = $xclass.get($field))
    ; <label for="${class}_0_${field}">$escapetool.xml($doc.displayPrettyName($field))</label>
    #set ($regexp = $definition.getValue('validationRegExp').substring(1))
    #set ($length = $regexp.length() - 1)
    #set ($regexp = $regexp.substring(0, $length))
    #set ($value = $doc.display($field, 'view'))
    : <input id="${class}_0_${field}" name="${class}_0_${field}" size="30" type="text" value="$value" required pattern="$regexp">

With XWiki 10.7 I see the following behavior when editing a page with a wrong input:

When pressing the Preview button, the page stays in edit mode and displays a tooltip “Please match the requested format.”. Fine. That what I would expect.

When pressing the Save button, the page stays in edit mode and displays a bottom line error “Failed to save the page. Reason: Server not responding”.

When pressing Save & View a freshly created page turns grey and displays the bottom line message “Saving… 0%” forever. Bad. A modified page stays in edit mode and displays a tooltip “Please match the requested format.”. Fine.

Is there a way to make all three buttons behave properly?

When it doesn’t work as expected it is because the form is saved with JavaScript and the JavaScript code doesn’t check if the form was invalidated by the browser (HTML5), I think. You should report an issue.

Thanks,Marius. I’ve created ticket XWIKI-15893