CKEditor plugin installation

I want to install ckeditor plugins (not supported by xwiki). Where should I unpack the plugin files on my system? I read of unpacking it at somewhere /ckeditor/plugins. But I am unable to find such a directory.
Or unpacking it anywhere but using its correct address is enough?

I tried to add plugin as suggested here.

I did this:
1] downloaded xyz.js on server at resources/ckeditorPlugins.
2] added java script as:
require([‘deferred!ckeditor’], function(ckeditorPromise) {
ckeditorPromise.done(function(ckeditor) {
ckeditor.plugins.addExternal(‘xyz’, “$xwiki.getSkinFile(‘ckeditorPlugins/xyz.js’)”);
});
});
3] enabled the plugin as:
config.extraPlugins = ‘xyz’;

But after doing that, my ckeditor itself wont load, no errors. After initial loading symbol, the editor space is blank.
any help is much appreciated.

I am still struggling to find a solution. Anyone, your suggestions are welcome

No errors in the JavaScript console? Where did you add that JavaScript snippet? Is the xyz.js file loaded?

The plugin worked for some time. But laterwards the problem started.
The error in console is:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ckeditor.js:236 Uncaught Error: [CKEDITOR.resourceManager.load] Resource name “bootstrapTabs” was not found at “http://www.mywebsite.org/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/application-ckeditor-webjar/1.15/$xwiki.getSkinFile(‘ckeditorPlugins/bootstrapTabs/plugin.js’)?t=H4QB”.
at window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.resourceManager. (ckeditor.js:236)
at f (ckeditor.js:232)
at Array.n (ckeditor.js:232)
at t (ckeditor.js:232)
at HTMLScriptElement.CKEDITOR.env.ie.f.$.onerror (ckeditor.js:233)

I have given right paths at right places. It actually worked for some days. But problem started after I restarted my server.

From the resource URL you can see that the Velocity code $xwiki.getSkinFile(‘ckeditorPlugins/bootstrapTabs/plugin.js’) is not evaluated. But even if you fix that, the URL is not good because it looks for the bootstrapTabs plugin in the application-ckeditor-webjar. You need to review how the plugin URL is specified in your JavaScript code.

This is what I have in javascript:

require([‘deferred!ckeditor’], function(ckeditorPromise) {
ckeditorPromise.done(function(ckeditor) {
ckeditor.plugins.addExternal(‘bootstrapTabs’, “$xwiki.getSkinFile(‘ckeditorPlugins/bootstrapTabs/plugin.js’)”);
});
});

And it did work for some time before it started giving error. So could you please elaborate how can I solve this error.

Where did you put this JavaScript code? In a JavaScriptExtension object? http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial#HMinimalJavaScripteXtension . Does the JavaScriptExtension object have the “Parse content” property set to Yes? Otherwise the Velocity code is not evaluated.

Also, if you put

{{velocity}}
$xwiki.getSkinFile(‘ckeditorPlugins/bootstrapTabs/plugin.js’)
{{/velocity}}

in the content of a plain wiki page and save, does it show the right path?

Yes.

Yes

Yes

Still getting errors:
1]
Uncaught Error: Script error for “/webjars/wiki%3Axwiki/xwiki-platform-tree-webjar/9.1.2/require-config.min.js?evaluate=true”
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at F (require.min.js?r=1:7)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.min.js?r=1:30)

2]
ckeditor.js:236 Uncaught Error: [CKEDITOR.resourceManager.load] Resource name “bootstrapTabs” was not found at “/skins/flamingo/ckeditorPlugins/bootstrapTabs/plugin.js?t=H4QB”.
at window.CKEDITOR.window.CKEDITOR.dom.CKEDITOR.resourceManager. (ckeditor.js:236)
at f (ckeditor.js:232)
at Array.n (ckeditor.js:232)
at t (ckeditor.js:232)
at HTMLScriptElement.CKEDITOR.env.ie.f.$.onerror (ckeditor.js:233)