Attachment missing after migration from xwiki 10.10 to 11.6

Hi, today I migrated xwiki 10.10 (ZIP Package version) to 11.6 (ZIP Package version).
I installed 11.6 just as 10.10 and copied following configuration files from 10.10 to 11.6.

1. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/web.xml
  2. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg
  3. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/xwiki.properties
  4. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
  5. /webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/classes/logback.xml

And I started xwiki 11.6 and ran the initialization process through web (almost automatically completed), and each old page is still there finely.
Though the bottom of each page shows the existence of attachments and can also list them (such as Fig. 1), after I click the attachment, it comes into error page of “The attachment does not exist”.

%E7%84%A1%E9%A1%8C
Fig. 1

I dug in the file system and found that the root directory of these attachments is
data/store/file/xwiki/ in 11.6 but data/storage/xwiki in 10.10.
And the naming pattern is also different, in 11.6, the paths are composed by single characters, such as “a” and “b”, and hash-like strings in those directories.
And in 10.10, the paths are composed by url-encoded pages name and attachment name.

I have no idea how to migrate them.
Could anyone help me? Thanks!

You don’t. If you copied the old data folder before starting 11.6 then everything in it is automatically migrated. If they are not migrated then you should take a look at the migrations log generated just after your first HTTP access to the 11.6 instance to understand which migrations were executed and what they did.

Thanks for response!

I think that’s my mistake that I initialized 11.6 before I copy storage folder.

So that the coexistence of storage and store folder makes the migration not happen.

Can I just move store folder away and leave storage folder, and then restart xwiki 11.6?

You should delete the 11.6 data/ folder and use the one from 10.10 (but remove the solr/ sub folder first). The attachment is not the only thing XWiki is supposed to migrate. Then you will get the Distribution Wizard to update the standard UI.

Thanks !
I migrated my attachments successfully!:grinning: