10.8.1 to 10.9 Notifications macro doesn't work

Hi,
I’am running xWiki under docker.
I have just migrate 10.8.1 to 10.9, but the new notification system for macros doesn t seem to work.

On my dashboards, macro Activities give me

Unknown macro: notifications.

`The "notifications" macro is not in the list of registered macros. Verify the spelling or contact your administrator.`

I check my hibernate file and i have the line:

mapping resource="notification-filter-preferences.hbm.xml"/

Legacy Notification Activity Macro is installed.

I have tried to add macro as {{notifications/}} but xwiki display the same error.

Do you have hints to resolve this problem?

Thank you
Regards.

So this means that the notifications macro defined in the page XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro is not active. The visibility for this macro is “current wiki” which means that the page needs to be saved by a user having Administration rights. Could you check the history of page XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro (with minor edits active) and paste a screenshot of it?

To navigate to this page, see https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/How%20can%20I%20navigate%20to%20a%20given%20page

Thanks

Is it a myxwiki.org wiki ?

I don’t think since Benjamin wrote:

Right, read too quickly.

Yes, I’m using Docker, not mywiki.org.

Below is a screenshots. It’s the list of pages under Notifications. The page XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro seems to be missing.

I tried to click on macro (url is http://myhost/bin/view/XWiki/Notifications/Code/Macro/), but I ha ve the message “page could’t be found” [it was exactly ‘Impossible de trouver ce document’ --> I’m using xWiki in french].

So this page Macro is different than XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro?

Capture%20du%202018-11-09%2014-01-36

Thanks

I check other pages of notifications and all are still in 10.8.1. See image below!

Should i restore all of them in 10.9 ?

Capture%20du%202018-11-09%2016-21-13

It does not mean you don’t have the 10.9 version, it usually just mean that there was no need to update the document (no change between 10.8.1 and 10.9). It’s easy to check using the diff.

Could you check the history of page XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro (with minor edits active) and paste a screenshot of it?

To navigate to this page, see https://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/How%20can%20I%20navigate%20to%20a%20given%20page

@vmassol I’m still searching the page XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro. Could you confirm me this page is missing or not ? (to see my screenshot in this post)

I have tried all options given in your link (How can I navigate to a given page?).

Thanks!

@benjamin the url is http://myhost/bin/view/XWiki/Notifications/Code/Macro/NotificationsMacro (for ex on myxwiki.org it’s https://myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/Notifications/Code/Macro/NotificationsMacro. Does it say that the page has been deleted for ex when you go there?

I really don’t see how this page could not have been installed.

Could you give us your upgrade logs from the Distribution Wizard? For that go to https:/myhost/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=XWiki.ExtensionHistory, select the last “XWiki Standard Flavor” which corresponds to your upgrade, export it and attach it here.

Thx

I give you the file from 10.8.1 to 10.9 extensionHistory_to10.9.txt (44.0 KB)

I have the file for the setup 10.8.1. I’m going to attach it in a second post (i can upload 1 file per post).

Thanks

And the file for 10.8.1
extensionHistory_setup10.8.1.txt (3.7 KB)

@tmortagne I’m not an expert in reading job logs. Could you help me figure out this part about NotificationsMacro:

<entry>
              <org.xwiki.model.reference.DocumentReference>
                <name>NotificationsMacro</name>
                <parent class="org.xwiki.model.reference.SpaceReference">
                  <name>Code</name>
                    <name>Notifications</name>
                      <name>XWiki</name>
                      <parent class="org.xwiki.model.reference.WikiReference" reference="../../../../../../entry/org.xwiki.model.reference.DocumentReference/parent/parent"/>
                      <type>SPACE</type>
                    </parent>
                    <type>SPACE</type>
                  </parent>
                  <type>SPACE</type>
                </parent>
                <type>DOCUMENT</type>
                <parameters class="tree-map">
                  <entry>
                    <string>locale</string>
                    <locale></locale>
                  </entry>
                </parameters>
                <localDocumentReference>
                  <parent>
                    <name>Code</name>
                    <parent>
                      <name>Notifications</name>
                      <parent>
                        <name>XWiki</name>
                        <type>SPACE</type>
                      </parent>
                      <type>SPACE</type>
                    </parent>
                    <type>SPACE</type>
                  </parent>
                  <type>DOCUMENT</type>
                  <parameters class="tree-map">
                    <entry>
                      <string>locale</string>
                      <locale reference="../../../../parameters/entry/locale"/>
                    </entry>
                  </parameters>
                </localDocumentReference>
              </org.xwiki.model.reference.DocumentReference>
              <boolean>false</boolean>
            </entry>

Could it mean that DW remove the NotificationsMacro page?

@benjamin You forgot to reply to my question:

Sorry, two links said “unable to find the document” (the message is exactly, in french ''Impossible de trouver ce document.

This is not really the job log, that’s the job history which is used to repeat an install and I’m not an expert either of this format but what I understand when looking at that is that the document with reference XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro was at least listed for delete which is expected since that document does not exist anymore. The right reference is XWiki.Notifications.Code.Macro.NotificationsMacro.

ok so I know why I was confused. I checked the NotifcationsMacro.xml file in our source tree and found the following content:

<xwikidoc version="1.3" reference="XWiki.Notifications.Code.Macro.NotificationsMacro" locale="">
  <web>XWiki.Notifications.Code</web>

I checked only the <web> and <name> parts and constructed the reference as XWiki.Notifications.Code.NotificationsMacro.

@gdelhumeau I think you’ve forgotten to modify the web element… Make check elsewhere if you’ve forgotten other places too.

@benjamin So the page to check is http://myhost/bin/view/XWiki/Notifications/Code/Macro/NotificationsMacro which is what I mentioned in my last comments above. And you said it doesn’t exist either… Could you confirm that you checked the right page?

Thx

Yes, i checked this page, and it’s missing

You should go to admin -> installed extensions and ask to “compute changes” on “XWiki Standard Flavor” extension. You will see everything which is different from the standard (including missing pages) and get a change to revert (when the customization is not on purpose). See https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Extension%20Manager%20Application#HChanges for more details about this feature.

I have removed my post since then, but you might have received it by email. Please do not import the file I have given you earlier, but follow the Thomas’ advice instead. Thanks!

Thanks for your answers.

The notfications macro page has been deleted during the update of standard flavor.

I can’t reset the file, I’have the following error “server not responding”. See below
Capture%20du%202018-11-12%2010-53-36

Capture%20du%202018-11-12%2010-49-51